We’ve Launched The WB Network Testnet
Do you remember when we were developing our WBT, we promised that it would evolve into its blockchain by Q1-Q2 2023? We are thrilled to announce that the test network was launched on March 31st, 2023.
The test network is a blockchain instance that works similarly to the main net, which can be used for testing and experimentation without risk to funds or the main network. Testnet coins differ from mainnet coins in that they have no value and can only be used for testing purposes.
There were already:
- Created over 300 000 blocks;
- Processed over 6 000 000 transactions;
- Distributed over 150 000 testnet coins.
This is the first step towards transitioning to our WB Network blockchain, which we outlined in the WBT’s White Paper.
For you, this means new opportunities in a secure and transparent blockchain system, where transactions will cost mere pennies. Moreover, our blockchain allows us to provide new services and expand the functionality of the exchange.
How to connect a test network to MetaMask?
If you don’t have a MetaMask wallet, create one in the app or through the appropriate browser extension. After that, connect to the test network:
- Go to Explorer and press “Add WB Network” in the lower-right corner of the page.
Please consider using a PC or laptop to connect. However, if you want to connect from your smartphone, use the manual below.
- Your MetaMask wallet will display a request to connect to our network. Confirm it by clicking the «Approve» button.
If you cannot connect this way, you can do it manually. Here are the instructions:
1. Open the MetaMask extension;
2. Click «Add network» in the network’s list;
3. Click «Add network manually» on the page;
4. Insert the following data:
- Network name: WB Network;
- New RPC URL: https://rpc-testnet.whitebit.network;
- Chain ID: 2625;
- Currency symbol: WBT;
- Block explorer URL: https://explorer.whitebit.network/testnet;
5. Click «Save».
Done! Now you can see test coins in your MetaMask wallet.
How to claim test coins?
- Copy the address of your MetaMask wallet. Go to the Faucet | WB Explorer page, insert the wallet’s address into the text field, confirm, and click “Claim”.
- To see the test WBT in MetaMask, connect the network to your wallet. See the section above for how to do this.
In a few seconds, 1 test WBT will appear in your MetaMask account. Note that one address can receive up to 1 WBT per day.
How to deploy a smart contract?
After deploying the smart contract, you can verify it on WB Explorer. To complete this, go to the verification contract page, upload the contract’s files, and paste the contract’s address to the «Contract address» field.
So, have you got any more questions? Our support team (email@example.com) is ready to answer all of them. Meanwhile, let’s test!