Crypto Copy Trading: All You Need To Know
The word “copy” often evokes negative emotions because we know that the original is always better. Copying in art is illegal, although it happens all the time, even among the most exciting and creative people. But what if we look at copying from the other side? Copy trading is an opportunity to learn from the mistakes of others. It’s a tempting proposition. Let’s take a closer look at crypto copy trading, what makes it suitable, and what risks it entails.
What is crypto copy trading?
In a professional language, copy trading is the process of copying by one trader the trade routes of another who allows doing this. It is not fraud, everything happens on a mutual agreement, and crypto copy trading is legal.
To learn how to trade, you need to practice it. That is why the statement that crypto copy trading is an option for a beginner is controversial. The following vital reasons may lead you to crypto copy trading:
- Lack of time. If you are a busy person and don’t have enough time to monitor charts and news about cryptocurrencies — you can outsource this work.
- Investment readiness. Crypto copy trading is not free. You will need to pay both the copy trading platform and the trader for their strategy and crypto exchange fees.
- The tiredness of failure. Some traders get frustrated with constant failures, putting their dream of trading in the market on the back burner.
- Passive income. Whatever the reason you choose to crypto trade copy, you end up with minimal moves to earn money, allowing you to focus on other things.
Copy trading is now popular precisely because of digital crypto assets. In general, copy trading with crypto is now one of the top tools to raise profits in the modern market.
Is copy trading crypto exclusive
Copy trading began to develop in the mid-2000s, before the appearance of the first digital asset, but the foreign exchange market learned about it only in 2010. Like some other techniques, copy trading has moved to crypto from classic financial trading. Hand in hand with copy trading are mirror and social trading, which, one might say, preceded it since they became popular earlier.
Mirror trading, used primarily in Forex markets, is a strategy that enables investors to replicate the trades of experienced and successful Forex investors and realize the same trades, in almost real-time, in their accounts. Since Web 2.0, social trading enables us to get info on other investors’ success in social networks and directly replicate their moves.
The main difference between copy trading and others is that this method allows not only to repeat the trader’s strategy but also to open and close certain positions for the most precise match of the results.
The risks in copy trading crypto
The primary and most obvious risk in any financial operation is the loss of investments. Your deal may not play out, and sometimes even expert advisor, which gives you the strategy, is not to blame — something just went wrong.
An equally important risk you can meet while copy trade crypto is choosing an under-informed or irresponsible trader who will take advantage of your rookie naivety. Fortunately, an excellent professional trading platform allows you to minimize the risks associated with the human factor.
And yet, you should not entirely rely on the service, no matter how high its ratings, since, in the end, only you are responsible for the money invested. In case of errors on the service part or the trader, returning your funds will not be easy or impossible.
How to copy trade crypto
Transactions in crypto copy trading can be copied by a signal or using specialized software. You must be ready to implement the movement quickly in the first case. The more time passes from the moment of its receipt — the less effective and profitable the transaction will be. In the second case, all transactions take place through unique platforms.
The investor’s task is to register an account and connecting a trading account on a crypto exchange through API keys. After that, they choose a trader whose behavior seems the most successful and connects to him. You need to set specific copy parameters and monitor the result for the most accurate result. Various services, bots, and apps can help you find the right person you will believe.
Successful trades require proper analysis. Your crypto expert should have the necessary skills. But how do you find one? We all know about ratings that rise and fall depending on user ratings. It is one of the factors to look at when choosing a copy trading platform, but not the only one. We have compiled a small list of requirements for copy trading services:
- Simplicity. A copy trading platform can be hard to understand and unfriendly to the user, ultimately confusing when choosing an expert. In a particular case, if you are a beginner worried about the lack of experience and want to start from the paths traveled, you need a service that will be clear to you from the first click on the interface.
- Bots. It is one of the most comfortable strategies for finding the trader. Some platforms will provide with their bots. You need to select the copy trading strategy you want to replicate, and then the bot will do all the work for you.
- Automation. Some copy trading platforms will automatically update your portfolio so that it always matches your expert’s portfolio. Such services make it easy to search for traders to copy, then automatically open and close trades.
- Interest. Some services give traders a certain percentage of profit from the strategy, allowing others to copy.
- Choice. A wide selection of experts is probably one of the most important factors when choosing a copy trading platform.
Be ahead of the curve
You need to complete several preparation steps to copy trading crypto. You will have to search, read, and explore a lot to get to the point and find all the necessary components. Be sure to take the following steps and make the first move towards the best crypto copy trading deal:
- explore crypto copy trading platforms, services, and applications;
- scrutinize the available experts and make sure they are reliable;
- prepare yourself for the risks of loss;
- expect to invest a certain amount, as well as pay for services and commissions;
- do not rely on third parties 100%.
Now that you have been warned about the risks and heard about the pros of crypto copy trading, you need to make your choice — leave cryptocurrency trading to professionals, or become one on your own cut-and-try.
Don’t think of crypto copy trading in crypto as a “shortcut”, but rather as “fast travel” for which you have to pay a couple of coins. Choose an expert who will multiply your funds and enjoy the fruits of a digital financial future.