How to Get an Unstoppable Domain?
Go to the Unstoppable Domains website and search for a Web3 domain name among various endings, including .crypto, .nft, .x, .blockchain, and more to choose your unstoppable domain. Be sure to use English characters and numbers only, with no spaces or special characters.
How to come up with a great domain name?
- Aim for simplicity: Choose a simple Unstoppable Domain token wallet name that people will remember. Uncommon words can be hard to spell and lead to confusion. Paraphrase the information point by point.
- Be consistent: Using your username for other social media platforms could be the easiest way to jump from Web2 to Web3.
- Find the best length: Shorter domains are easy to remember, but if you find that the domain names you want are out of your price range, try adding an extra word or a few numbers at the end.
- Strive for greatness, not perfection: Don’t spend hours choosing the perfect name. Just get started and buckle up for your ride into Web3.
How to select your domain ending?
All the various Unstoppable domain endings offer the same utilities and features. It’s about selecting the one that fits you best. For example, .nft is an excellent option for artists, collectors, and NFT enthusiasts, while .wallet is great if you want a dedicated name for Unstoppable Domains crypto wallets and payments.
Once you find a domain you like, add it to your cart, sign up, and submit a payment via credit card, PayPal, cryptocurrency, or an Unstoppable Domains promo code. Once your payment is completed, you’ll be prompted to mint your domain. You can mint your domain with Polygon, meaning you don’t have to pay gas fees. The Unstoppable Domain coin wallet will be yours forever with no renewal fees.
How to mint your new Web3 domain?
Minting is the process of registering your domain on the blockchain. An easy way to think about this is to imagine buying a house. Once you sign, the house is taken off the market — no one else can buy it, and the house is officially yours once you get the keys. Minting is like getting the keys to your new house. You unlock all of your domain’s superpowers and gain full control over it.
It’s important to note that minting something to the blockchain requires computational power (on Proof-of-Work chains) or validation (on Proof-of-Stake chains). Because of this, minting has a cost on some blockchains. Different operations on the blockchain require different amounts of gas (or fees) in the same way that two trucks carrying different amounts of weight would need to travel the same distance.
How to mint your domain:
- Go to “My Domains”;
- Select “Free Mint” next to your domain and click “Continue”;
- Choose your Unstoppable Domain wallet;
- Select the wallet you would like to mint your domain to;
- Check the “I understand” box and select “Confirm”;
- Confirm your email, enter your verification code, and select “Confirm”;
- Your domain is being minted on Polygon. This may take a few minutes to complete.
Congratulations. Your domain is officially registered on the blockchain, and your wallet address is set as the domain owner.
A crypto wallet is software that allows storing, sending, and receiving digital assets such as cryptocurrencies and NFTs. These wallets do not physically store digital assets but keep private keys and information pointing to the location of the assets on the blockchain.
You can easily attach your wallet address to your Unstoppable domain to easily manage your digital assets. Once you’ve minted your domain, you will be able to attach multiple crypto addresses to your Web3 domain!